Guardiola says no to the Spanish national team: 'I am very, very happy in Manchester'

Guardiola says no to the Spanish national team: 'I am very, very happy in Manchester'

Guardiola says no to the Spanish national team: 'I am very, very happy in Manchester'

Pep Guardiola, the Spaniard who joined Manchester City in 2016 after a successful tenure at Bayern Munich, has brought remarkable success to the Etihad Stadium over his seven-year stint.

During his time with Man City, Guardiola has secured an impressive haul of titles, including five Premier League championships, two FA Cups, three League Cups, and a Champions League victory. His tenure at City has been highlighted by a historic Treble in the last campaign.

Before joining Man City, Guardiola had already established an illustrious career, accumulating a total of 21 trophies while managing Barcelona and Bayern Munich. This success has only been furthered during his time in England.

Speculation about Guardiola's potential departure from Man City has been ongoing, but the 52-year-old, a former Spain international, expressed his contentment at the club at the start of the current season. He reaffirmed his commitment by signing a two-year contract extension, citing his comfort and the satisfaction of the club's board and hierarchy with his performance, regardless of the team's success in winning the Treble or not. This statement underlines Guardiola's happiness and alignment with the club's leadership and strategic direction.

Pep Guardiola, the celebrated Manchester City manager, has always expressed his satisfaction at the club, stating that his future decisions will be based on his level of contentment and the club's satisfaction with his performance. He has indicated a willingness to defend the titles won and consider his future at the end of the season, depending on his energy levels.

Currently, Man City is trailing by five points in the Premier League, following a 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace. This has sparked rumors about Guardiola potentially leaving at the season's end to take over the England national team.

Gareth Southgate, the current England manager, has been successful with the Three Lions but could face pressure if England does not win the Euros. The national team boasts a talented roster including Jude Bellingham, Harry Kane, and Bukayo Saka.

Spanish publication Nacional reports that Guardiola has received a long-awaited offer and might leave Man City in the summer. After achieving significant milestones with Man City, Guardiola reportedly feels his time in the Premier League may be nearing its end, although a return to Barcelona is not being considered.

The report suggests Guardiola is drawn to the challenge of leading the English national team, where he and his family feel at home. The FA is purportedly contemplating a change regardless of Southgate's results, with Guardiola seen as the ideal candidate to lead a talented generation in pursuit of World Cup success.

Nacional further claims that discussions between Guardiola and the FA about the England coaching role have already taken place, pointing to a significant shift in Guardiola's illustrious career. This move would mark a new chapter for both Guardiola and the English national team, potentially bringing his expertise and success to the international stage.

  • Top Countries
  • Around the web
Arteta has good news for Arsenal fans

Arteta has good news for Arsenal fans

Mikel Arteta had good news to share about Bukayo Saka during Monday afternoon’s press conference. Arsenal’s star player has been sidelined with an injury since late December, but he is fit enough to make his comeback against Fulham on Tuesday.

Liverpool announces plans for summer preparations

Liverpool announces plans for summer preparations

Liverpool, under manager Arne Slot, will return to Asia this summer for preparations ahead of the next season. The current Premier League leaders will also officially open a new stadium during their visit.

La Liga files a complaint against Barça over incorrect accounting in the Olmo case

La Liga files a complaint against Barça over incorrect accounting in the Olmo case

Another chapter has been added to Barcelona's financial headache on Wednesday. La Liga is set to file a complaint against the Catalans for failing to fulfill the financial commitments made during the temporary registration of Dani Olmo and Pau Víctor, according to reports.

Simeone keeps his lips sealed about Álvarez penalty incident

Simeone keeps his lips sealed about Álvarez penalty incident

The penalty incident during the Champions League clash between Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid is still a hot topic. But Atlético coach Diego Simeone is done with all the questions about it three weeks later.

Müller s farewell doesn t sit well with Bayern legend Lahm either

Müller's farewell doesn't sit well with Bayern legend Lahm either

Philipp Lahm has spoken out about Thomas Müller's impending departure from Bayern Munich. The former left-back is not in favor of the club's decision not to extend Müller's expiring contract.

Injury update Haaland: City striker sidelined for five to seven weeks

Injury update Haaland: City striker sidelined for five to seven weeks

Erling Haaland will be unavailable for Manchester City for the next five to seven weeks. Coach Pep Guardiola confirmed this during the press conference ahead of the match against Leicester City, where Ruud van Nistelrooij is the manager.

Lewa not surprised by average:  I ve been working hard for this since I was 21

Lewa not surprised by average: 'I've been working hard for this since I was 21'

Robert Lewandowski has shared his perspective on the 'stories' about his age. The Barcelona striker, thanks to his two goals against Girona, is now having his most productive La Liga season so far. The Pole remains in contention for the Golden Boot.

Manchester United manager has a message for Fernandes:  He s not going anywhere

Manchester United manager has a message for Fernandes: 'He's not going anywhere'

If Bruno Fernandes wants to leave Manchester United this summer, he's out of luck. Manager Rúben Amorim has made it clear that the Portuguese player is not allowed to leave under any circumstances. He stated this ahead of the match against Nottingham Forest.

Former Villa players complimentary about Rashford after resurgence

Former Villa players complimentary about Rashford after resurgence

Marcus Rashford has completely rediscovered his 'flair' at Aston Villa. The 27-year-old forward has been in form since his move from Manchester United and ended his months-long goal drought on Sunday. According to English analysts, it was never a matter of quality.

Matthäus enjoys  Mario Götze wine :  I also see him smiling a lot more

Matthäus enjoys 'Mario Götze wine': 'I also see him smiling a lot more'

Former German international Lothar Matthäus is full of praise for the role Mario Götze is currently playing at Eintracht Frankfurt. The former PSV player was the match-winner last Sunday in the home game against VfB Stuttgart.

Odd:1.38